NVE supervises eco-design and energy labelling regulations for products. The supervision includes checking that the requirements are met, as well as initiating appropriate reaction.
Energy labelling gives the consumer the possibility to choose the most energy efficient products. It is important that the stores and web stores that sells energy related products fulfils the required demands for energy labelling. The advertisements must show the correct energy efficiency class.
The requirements for eco-design gives more energy efficient products. For instance will the energy consumption from televisions in the EU/EEC area be reduced by 45 TWh each year from 2020. This is equivalent to the electricity consumption of Czechia, and up to 15 million tonnes of CO2 emissions will be avoided each year.
NVE's control types and reaction forms (types)
- Documentation controls: verifies that the producers are keeping the requirements disclosure, if technical documentation, declaration of conformity, product data sheet and energy labels are in order. The declaration of conformity and the CE mark are the manufacturer’s or importer’s confirmation that a product may lawfully be marketed and traded in the EEA.
- Control Measurements: verification of whether the information on the energy labels is correct and whether the products comply with the ecodesign requirements for energy efficiency and other requirements. The verification includes tests of selected products made at the independent and accredited laboratories.
- Store Control: Verification whether the energy labels are used on the products in the stores or through sales on online stores and ads (advertising and technical sales material). In addition, controls whether other relevant information is provided on online stores and advertisements (advertising and technical sales material).
- In case of violation of the requirements, NVE may require rectification and impose compulsion until rectification has taken place.
- Supervision aims to ensure that energy savings potential is triggered, that there are equal conditions of competition for those who produce or bring the products into the market, as well as safeguard the interests of consumers by purchasing products that conform to the stated sales information.